POST-OPERATIVE IMPLANT INSTRUCTIONS
Please carefully follow the instructions below. If you have any questions regarding any of these instructions please contact the office as soon as possible.
- It is normal to experience a little bit of oozing or bleeding from the implant site for the first couple of days after implant placement.
- Avoid all chewing on the implant for the next 3-4 months.
- The sutures will dissolve on their own and most fall out in 3- 7 days after surgery.
- It is normal to experience discomfort and swelling after surgery use ice packs on the area for 20 minutes on and off for the first 24-48 hours.
- Please finish all antibiotics as prescribed.
- Avoid vigorous swishing and spitting for the first week following surgery.
- Do not use a straw after surgery for 48 hours.
- Do not brush the implant site with an electric toothbrush.
- DO NOT USE A WATERPIK OR WATER FLOSSER in the area of the implant during the initial 4 month healing period.
- Avoid all smoking for 2 weeks post-operatively.
- Smoking Marijuana may interfere with the healing of
- We will need to see you back in 2 weeks for a
- Occasionally the healing cap will come off of your implant. Call the office immediately if this happens for it to be replaced. Save the cap and bring it with you.
- After your 3-4 month healing period we will have you back for your implant stability test and release appointment. After this appointment, you will be able to return to your general dentist for abutment and crown placement.
SINUS LIFT INSTRUCTIONS
- Do not blow your nose vigorously for 14 days.
- Sneeze with your mouth open for the next 14 days.
- Do not use a straw or smoke for 14 days.
- Do not use a nasal irrigator or Neti pot.
- To minimize bruising and swelling ice the area for 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off for the first 48 hours after surgery.